Works by Otakar Máčel (1920—1997) and Jaroslav Vajdiš (1920—2006)
Conference Building in Villa Stiassni, Hroznová 82/14, Brno.
Opening on 17 December 2021 — running until 28 March 2022.
Organizer: Association for the Renewal of the Village and the Small Town in cooperation with the Brno Regional Office of the National Heritage Institute
Authors of the exhibition: Jiří Syrový, Jiří Škabrada
Cooperation: Šimon Eismann, Zdeňka Němcová, Dana Novotná, Svatava Podrazilová
Graphic design: Zuzana Syrová Anýžová
Photographs, drawings, projects, pictures and other exhibits from the estate of Otakar Máčel and Jaroslav Vajdiš and archives of the following institutes: Association for the Renewal of the Village and the Small Town, Brno Regional Office of the State Heritage Institute, National Institute of Folk Culture in Strážnice, and Ethnographic Institute of the Moravian Museum in Brno.
- Leaflet download (in Czech)
- Opening hours of Villa Stiassni
- How to get to Villa Stiassni
- More about the life and work of architects Máčel and Vajdiš
You can find a part of the exhibited works and a selection of additional photographs, paintings, drawings and projects, that didn’t fit in our exhibition space, online here:
- Exhibition poster
- Panels: Introduction 01 ¦ Jaroslav Vajdiš 02-16 ¦ Otakar Máčel 17-29 ¦ Impressum: 30
- Exhibited works:
- Jaroslav Vajdiš: Photographs: People ¦ Artefacts / Details ¦ Extinctions ¦ Prague ¦ Landscapes ¦ Nature ¦ Animals ¦ Vernacular architecture ¦¦ Drawings ¦¦ Documentation: Inventories ¦ Vitějovice 15 ¦ Šumperk region ¦ Documentation / Restoration: Rymice
- Otakar Máčel: Sketches ¦ Paintings ¦¦ Photographs: Disappearing Brno ¦ Pálava ¦ Pavlov 145 ¦¦ Documentation / Kurial Archives: Pavlov ¦ Documentation / Restoration: Pavlov ¦ Drawings: Vernacular architecture
- Exhibition in photographs